Sunday 5 May 2013

Next job was to get the top deck planked and then I made a start on the skylight


Finishing the skylight, which was scratch built with a PVC window, I assembled and fitted the grids I had already painted, where the smokestacks on that deck sit


Next was to begin work on the smokestacks and also the stairs of which altogether there are 5 sets not counting the grand stair case at the front


The stairs run between the decks and when finished will be all white.  Important to keep the grooves clear of paint so the steps fit well


Few more of the stairs with one fitted out awaiting paint


Next I made a start on the main smoke stacks, bending the brass rings that sit on them using the round pliers.  The undercoated items above the rings are part of the decoration that goes on top of the stacks


Then finally today I got the wheelhouse walls ready for planking, but I am running very short of wood strips so that may have to wait a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment